Tuesday, October 03, 2006

yes, suri, it's dyed


i've been meaning to pose this question for some time and i just keep forgetting (which, frankly, is a trend with me lately).
but honestly now, do you think they dyed suri cruise's hair for those vanity fair pics? i think most of you have heard my reel on tomkat and how fake i think it all is and why. and now i actually live in la and know how totally and absolutely unreal people here can be -- even people who aren't celebs --, so i just can't get it out of my head that there's a good chance, a better than good chance, that this child went under the dryer for these shots. or maybe not.
if it's not dyed, there's for sure product in it. do they make hair gel for babies?
there's no product in t2's hair, by the way. it just naturally looks like we combed it with a pork chop.
so this is our anniversary weekend and on sunday we're celebrating by going to a steelers game (vs. the chargers) in san diego. tayloe usually plans such things, so as a surprise i one-uped him and got the tickets and hired the babysitter behind his back. mmmwwwaaaahhh.
i tried to get mirna, but she couldn't make it. however she offered up her aunt for the job.
mirna: one thing is she does not speak as well.
me: she can talk just fine, she just doesn't speak english, you mean?
mirna: she does not speak as well.
me: english?
mirna: hm?
me: she doesn't speak english well?
mirna: no. she doesn't speak english.
me: ok
mirna: i think this is ok because your baby do not speak english either.
good point, mirna.
all of this reminds me that my mom once had a housekeeper who didn't speak much english. mom asked her to spray the trash can with lysol after emptying it, thinking the gal understood what that meant. a famous hand-talker, i think mom just made some spraying motions to get the point across. (can't you see my mom doing this? "oh honey just [hand-flick, hand-flick, hand-flick] spray a little, you know [hand-flick], of this smell-good stuff in there and be done with it. [hand-flick, hand-flick, hand-flick] ok?)
anyway, days later when mom took out the trash, she saw that the bottom of the can was covered in silver spray paint. that story's always made me laugh.
not to come home to a baby that's gulping a bottle of espresso or asleep in the bathtub, i'm brushing up on my spanish. here are some of my favorite phrases:
(1) Si él es los chillidos, llama por favor su geoff de tío.
if he screams or if there's a major problem, please call his uncle geoff.
(2) Mi otro marido que él recogerá en 11 de la tarde.
my other husband will pick him up at 11 p.m.
(3) Preferimos que él come sólo césped.
we prefer that he eats only grass.

2 comments:

Reid said...

actually - i think its a wig

tracey said...

i miss you!