Wednesday, December 27, 2006

thank you, santa



well, it's official. we have more noise making toys than anyone on our block. probably anyone in our neighborhood. possibly anyone in santa monica.
blingdigy, blink, blang, bling, bling, bling was pretty much the sound of t2's christmas. as for how it looked - lots and lots of paper, lots and lots of primary colored plastic and lots and lots of smiles. he loves every single thing he got. tayloe the dad and i are like two little kids playing with him & all his new toys.
brother/uncle geoff gets top prize for most annoying toy(s).
do you know geoff emery? maybe you do - he's the guy who tells his 10-year-old little brother to never, ever, no matter what let go of the tow rope when he falls water skiing and then laughs himself to tears watching said little brother get dragged around the rappahannock river.
he gets a sick, twisted delight in seeing others suffer. this is why i like him.
he really did it up with two blinking, moving noise makers. one is this box that weeble wobbles and sings and lights up. except tayloe and i can't figure out what it's saying. what it sounds like is, "my balls are magical, they wiggle and jiggle," which, i mean, completely and totally cracks us up, especially because the baby FREAKIN LOVES IT. we've listened to it like 1 million times, hoping that we're just hearing it wrong.
the other uncle g toy was this rolling ball that blinks and sings and rolls around. if you ignore it for a while, it eventually says, "hhheeeeyyy, come play with me. i'm over here!" isn't that sad? and also very funny?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least it dosnt say "guess whats coming!" - aunt m

Anonymous said...

WOW I finally won something!!!!!

I would like to thank the Academy for all of your votes. And also a big shot out to all of the gullible people in my life who make this so much fun. Of course it would not be right for me not to thank the person who has inspired me all of these years My brother Tayloe.

Whether it was water skiing, rifle shooting, a big fan in Cleveland or when he tried to get my mother to prank me, he has always made it fun.

I look forward to another competition involving obnoxious toys this summer. I will warn you though that I already have my eyes on a big bass drum

Uncle G

Sarah Q said...

it must be a gender thing, because addie didn't get a thing with a battery. just sugar and spice . . .