Wednesday, June 06, 2007

la woman


of course i decided to leave my camera in the car on our fancy night out, so tayloe took this glamorous picture of me filling up the car on the way home. (did you know i cut my hair even shorter? no? well, i cut my hair even shorter.)
ladies and gentlemen, she walks the red carpet and pumps petrol (tayloe was at the atm).
**applause**
we had a great time and i could have kicked myself 1,000 times and then picked me up and kicked me again for not taking my camera along. we really did get to walk the red carpet into grauman's theater, in front of all those cameras and lights and screaming people and na-na-na oscar night hollywood music.
can you believe that? they really play music outside to set the mood.
it worked for me. the sounds rang in my ears as my little black sandal touched the red carpet for the first time. it took all the will power i had not to take off in a delirious sprint, striping off my clothes as i ran like a maniac toward george clooney.
that would have really embarrassed tayloe, though. so instead i walked slowly and tried to act like i'd been there. which was very, very, VERY hard. because, um, i hadn't.
no one was looking at us, obviously. but who cares. i sure didn't because just inside there was free popcorn and soda. FREE! and i didn't have to wait in line to soak my snack in buttery topping because it's very f-a-t-t-e-n-i-n-g. pity for them.
we munched and chatted and watched people and counted fake boobs. then there was the movie, which was fine. oh and the theater! it was gorgeous.
as if it wasn't already an amazing date, we got to walk on the red carpet AGAIN to get to the after party. there were people everywhere waiting to get a glimpse of someone famous. that we were in the middle of all that makes me laugh so hard.
it was just an amazing hollywood night, with movie stars and oppulence and acrobats and fireworks and drink and food. we sat and talked with matt damon and his wife, who are lovely. for me, seeing my favorite entourage character, lloyd, and for a moment really believing that i was living the perfect reality of a tv show was the highlight.
that and the free popcorn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you forgot your camera! I have been checking since last night for pics!

Anonymous said...

me too...checking for pics of georgemattbrad and cat. shall i buy PEOPLE and maybe there is a photo of you two in the background?
atn

Reid said...

oooh. i'm Officially jealous. Love the hair.

Sarah Q said...

don't worry, they probably would have made you check your camera anyway at security. there have been a few times where i've walked the red carpet only i didn't know it was the premier and thought we were just going to another press screening. I cursed myself for owning even one article of Old Navy and then having chosen that day to wear it. at press screenings this would have been considered high fashion because at least it was clean. lesson: know your audience. so glad you had a blast!

Sarah Q said...

btw, I LOVE LLOYD!