Sunday, July 08, 2007

next time i won't feed him cous cous


i made this video because i really love this song by my friend chantal and i can't get it out of my head. so i'm sharing it with you people. she wrote it for her two boys (who are three and two) and she's always reminding me when i'm what if-ing and worrying and just generally overthinking the way mothers do that all you can do - really - is love your kid(s).
isn't that liberating? cause i mean, if i can do nothing else i can at least do that.
so here's to me.
turns out giving a 1 year old cous cous is a pretty sour idea. i gave some to t2 tonight and while he did in fact get some in his mouth, i didn't consider how it'd hold up to the nightly floor tossing. not well, it turns out. i still have little cous cous (koo-koo as my mom calls it) grains all over the floor, even though i swept and vaccumed. and i'm pretty sure that even after a very long soak in the tub, there's still some in the folds of little tayloe's body. and perhaps also in the folds of my body.
now there's an image ...

2 comments:

Reid said...

Capital T - Tearjerker.

Anonymous said...

this is adorable. and such a cute bum!