Thursday, August 02, 2007

a vaccum that doesn't suck


tayloe surprised me with a new vaccum.
it sounds like the most unromantic gift ever. but it's a dyson - a super slim, super sucking, bagless, headacheless dyson. in fact, one of the very best surprises i've ever gotten.
tuesday morning he left the house on a mystery errand and came home with the new slim model in the car. maybe i've lost my mind, but i think that's really sweet and romantic.
i jumped up and down and i think i cried a little when i saw it.
wolly's hair and baby mess have really started to cake in over the last few months. my 'ol wheezer (the dirt devil) just wasn't getting the job done. it just blew the dog hair around the house. in fact, the dog hair actually ran from it. the thing can't even suck up a cheerio anymore.
and emptying the filter is like setting off an atomic bomb. it billows a plume of dust over our garbage cans that doesn't settle for days.
i ripped into the dyson, put it together in 15 minutes and vaccumed for 2 hours straight. it could suck up the baby, i'm convinced.
it also swivles! and to empty it, you just remove the canister and open the bottom! dump and go! bam!
our rugs look like new and turns out we have wood floors!
thank you tayloe. thank you, thank you, thank you.

6 comments:

Mary Montague said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!

Monty said...

It's good to see that you "feminists" have wised up and learned to love the tools of your oppression. Now, in between your crying and shopping, maybe you could use that vacuum to whip me up a pie?

Anonymous said...

So Tayloe got you a present which makes you want to do housework? I tell ya he is getting smarter and smarter every day.

Have you heard about the new combination washing machine/stove they came out with?

Ginny Gill said...

I have a shark...and can not live without it so I can totally share in the enthusiam! In fact, the shark has traveled to the beach with us..I am sure your dyson will as well!

Sarah Q said...

can i borrow it?

Anonymous said...

I wish I could achieve that twinkle in my eye over a vacuum! If WLE ever brought home a vacuum as a gift he would be a dead man walking - unless of course the vacuum was jewel encrusted or it came with a really nice pair of expensive Italian shoes!