Friday, May 22, 2009

for comparison sake



i just realized every picture i have to tayloe at this age (around 9 months) he's smiling huge. and every picture i've taken of thomas lately he has this 'whatchoo lookin at lady' look on his face. i'm wondering if that's because i took no less than 2 million pictures of tayloe a month and just saved all the smiley ones. my photos of thomas are mostly on my iphone.
the thing about telling the older brother that his job is to protect the younger brother is that the older brother takes the task pretty seriously. today thomas was on the floor and the puppies came tromping inside. before i could even think about it, tayloe ran screaming past me yelling 'NO NO NO PUPPIES' arms straight out in front of him, heading straight for thomas. 'I SAVE YOU' he yells as he plows into thomas, - lays him out flat. he's full-on smothering his brother yelling 'I SAVE YOU THOMAS. I SAVE YOU! SHOO PUPPIES, SHOO'
of course how could he have known he was hurting him? thomas's screams were so muffled he didn't even hear him. when i scolded him for being too rough he looked at me like i had 1,000 heads.
i know, kiddo. it's confusing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness he has grown! When he was born I really thought Thomas looked like Tom Leitch. This morning I got out that picture of WLE in his knickers and compared it to this recent picture of TBE. Sans the curls, I see a huge resemblence to WLE and Mary. It is so amazing how much their looks change. They are both fine looking boys!

Anonymous said...

Grandpop thinks Thomas looks like T1-

Katy Gilliam said...

That is the cutest story! Scott ignored Anna for a year, I think. He acted as if she was not even in the room. I can imagine it was a hard task because she screamed at the top of her lungs most of that year.

I love the pictures. Your boys are rediculously adorable.