Monday, April 30, 2007

that's not my baby


his feet are too big.
here's what i've been thinking lately - that the t2 i know now can't possibly be the same t2 that i met 9 months ago. they just don't seem like the same child. in fact, he doesn't even seem like the same child he was last week. i think when something changes and evolves so deliberately right in front of you, it's very hard to piece all the time together so that it makes sense and flows properly. and at the same time and in a very opposite way, it does flow properly and he's most definately the same kid he was the day he was born.
it's all very weird.
to keep life's larger questions from blowing my simple little mind, i continue to concoct baby mush in the magic bullet. this keeps me occupied and gives me the illusion of having control over something. this afternoon i steamed carrots and then bulleted them with garlic hummus. tonight i blended our leftovers again. it's sad that i have so much fun dishing out my experiments. it isn't even about nourishment or my neurotic need to feed anymore. it's all about my ego and getting positive feedback from this creature who is now my job.
how's it taste, boss?

No comments: