Friday, October 26, 2007

i have a boyfriend



this is the im conversation i just had with my 10 year old niece

catherineemery75: hi eliza! it's aunt cat
ninjaartist5: wuz up. i have a boyfriend
catherineemery75: oh wow! that's exciting. what's his name?
ninjaartist5: payton
catherineemery75: is he cute?
ninjaartist5: way cute
catherineemery75: is he smart?
ninjaartist5: oh yeah!
catherineemery75: so do you sit together at lunch?
ninjaartist5: he is not in my second period
catherineemery75: i see. do you see him after school? and pass notes?
ninjaartist5: yes.
[5 minute pause. i consider asking what they write notes about, but decide that's too nosy. i wait for her to tell me more about peyton. she doesn't. i change the subject.]
catherineemery75: did you see the fires in los angeles on the news?
ninjaartist5: yes. we have had lots of rain. i have to go.

and there you have it.
there'll be a day when i'm typing away at my computer and t2 im's me from college (or juvi) to tell me he's met someone he wants to bring home. sweet lord, please let all of her tattoos be spelled correctly.

1 comment:

Ginny Gill said...

your neice looks so much like you....