Friday, February 01, 2008

the minutia



today while waiting for his lunch, t2 was playing the lovely new placemats my mother in law gave us for christmas. i was busy and he was busy so there was peace and that's good.
then we ate lunch and afterwards i plopped him down on the floor. as i was cleaning up i realized three of my six mats were missing.
so i inquired. tayloe, where'd you put my placemats?
he looked up from playing with cars.
i asked again. can you show me where you put my placemats?
he stood up, trotted into the kitchen and threw back the rug. there they were. he picked them up and handed them to me.
of course, i said. exactly where i'd keep them if we didn't have any drawers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Under the rug... What a clever place to put the place mats. He is so good at putting things away! I love that picture of him.