Tuesday, March 04, 2008

now that you know

there's a lot i gotta catch you up on.
first, tayloe thinks dick farmar is the prophet of warsaw because at tommy's birthday/christmas party at mt. airy in december, mr. farmar looked at me dead serious and asked me if i was expecting. how's that for a conversation starter?
of course i was and didn't know it.
the other thing is that when i went to get my normal annual checkup once we were back in LA and the nurse asked me for a 'sample' i kinda knew i was pregnant but didn't really so i was nervous. so nervous that i spilled said sample all over the floor. to my credit dr. park's bathroom is really small (back me up, sarah q). in between flushing and standing up, i knocked it off the sink counter. i came out with the cup and the very shallow remains and tried to laugh it off by saying, 'ha ha, i bet that happens all the time.' i mean, who hasn't spilled pee on their doctor's bathroom floor (and then stepped in it)?
the nurse said, actually, it wasn't all that common.
the final thing is that i went recently to get measured for a bridesmaid's dress since i'm to be in my sister in law's wedding (horray!) on oct. 11 (a month post-partum). a sweet little indian man pulled out his tape and his pen and paper and measured my chest. he wrote down a number. then he measured my waist. and measured it again.
'hhmm,' he said in his indian accent.
'hhmm' i said.
'hhmm,' he repeated. 'vell, it's just dat tour bust and tour vaist are de same size.'
and i said, 'not exactly barbie.'
he said, 'do voo vant me to make your vaist smaller?' and i said, 'nah, i don't have the time today and plus, i kinda want this baby.'
he laughed and said, 'i'll just vrite down vhat it is and vish voo luck.'
luck with the baby or luck fitting into a dress, i'm not sure.

2 comments:

Sarah Q said...

got your back sister!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!