Monday, December 01, 2008

owie rain


i took the boys for a walk today in our new amazing, fantastic superdooper BOB double stroller. we had a fine time and stopped at the park to play. on the way home, i noticed an ominous cloud behind me and pretty soon the wind picked up and the temperature dropped about 15 degrees and before i knew it little pin pricks were poking me in the face. shit. it's freaking hailing.
i started running and realized i wouldn't make it home without freezing everyone to death, probably literally, so i made a mad dash for the service station nearby. i saw dusty, the hottest service station attendant ever, through a foggy window and started mouthing, 'shit, shit, shit' in hopes that he'd open the door, which he did, welcomingly. it was kinda like that scene in 'war of the roses' when kathleen turner and michael douglas meet on a rainy night at an estate auction, except it was broad daylight, i'm married (lovingly), have two young kids in tow and he's not a day over 17. anyway.
what was my point? oh, so we're sitting inside watching the hail and freezing rain and tayloe looks at me, holding his face, and says 'mama, OWIE RAIN!' (luckily not, 'oh shit, owie rain'). he talked about it all day, how we got caught in an owie rain storm.
i love it. owie rain.
ps - look at that dimple on thomas' cheek. slays me.
pps - dusty gave us a ride home in his truck. sigh.

6 comments:

Reid said...

dimple! jealous me.

Ginny Gill said...

he will be saying Oh Shit soon enough......

Stephanie said...

We have a BOB for our little guy and cannot wait to use it! What a fun story!

Anonymous said...

my father had a very colorful vocabulary and my mother only had one cuss word in her vocabulary - shit! guess what my first colorful word was? not any of the many lovely phrases of my dad's, like SOB, no no - it was a big and forceful SHIT when I dropped my favorite toy!! JDE

Anonymous said...

he's got my dimples!!!!
auntie c

Anonymous said...

dooo doo do do do do doo doo do do do
most of all youve got to hide it from the kids so here's to you mrs robinson jesus loves you more...