Wednesday, March 04, 2009

worst mom ever


and the mother most unprepared for snow but takes her kid out in it anyway award goes to ... me.
little tayloe has on one mitten that's a sock, rain boots and his coat is held together with paper clips because the zipper broke at least a month ago. even he knows it looks dorky because when i come at him with the clips i get a big 'AW MAMA, No please!' nice.
obviously i didn't really think it was going to snow or i would have gotten the kid some snow pants, snow boots and mittens. and certainly i would have fixed his coat.
i thought we were in the clear - it was 68 degrees last friday for god's sake.
we do have a really fantastic sled, however, thanks to his grandpop and miss jackie.
hey ... he wanted to go outside and play and i wasn't going to let a little thing like lack of clothing get in the way. and despite our makeshift snow outfit and it's obvious, um, shortcomings, it wasn't being cold that caused the meltdown. it was having to walk back up the hill and my refusal to pull him on the sled.
t, next year i'll do better. you and i and thomas and daddy will be sleigh riding, snowman building fools. and i'll take lots of pictures to redeem myself.
i promise.

3 comments:

Katy Gilliam said...

Umm, put me right up there with worst mommy ever! Scott had on rain boots as well. My kids also had yarn gloves on. Talk about COLD! At least the picture is cute. :)

Reid said...

We did the one sock one mitten routine too - like you said, who thought it would snow in March? But you win with the paperclips. Speech!

Anne said...

there are few people in this world who have a better mom than i do but life happens....in middle school mom always picked me up around 4:30 after school. one day it got close to six and she still hadn't shown up. the school janitor needed to lock up so he gave me quarter to use the pay phone. when mom picked up i could baby lawrence crying, pots clanging, my sister calling for mom in the background and my mom said in an exasperated voice, "Hello?". All i got out was, "Mom?..." before she she said, "Oh my god, i forgot I had a third child!" and hung up the phone. She picked me up in ten minutes.