Thursday, February 08, 2007

game on

tayloe's out of town until monday (wwwwaaaay out of town in berlin, germany) so it's just dr. droll meister and me for the next five days.
wait, you gotta know about this drool. seriously people, there is so much slabber coming from this baby's mouth i could irrigate all of sub-saharan africa. and yet, no teeth. just little nubby gums magnetically attracted to all things hazardous.
anyway, i'm getting more and more used to these solo missions and sometimes even look forward to them.
i'm able to say that now because the baby's soundly napping in his crib and it's barely even 10 a.m. on day one.
to make sure i keep my sunny disposition, i've set some proposals. they are as follows:
1. i will not lie awake in bed until 4 a.m. and plan 15 different and unique emergency escape routes should (a) the house catch fire or (b) we get robbed. instead, i'll take 2 advil p.m's (3?) and sleep until the baby wakes me up.
2. i'll realize this is not the time to rearrange all of the furinture or clean out the garage and have a yard sale. when i feel these surges of manic energy, i'll instead assume god's telling me to get my ass to the gym.
3. i'll resist the urge to let wolly babysit.
4. i will not wish i had an office job to go to because if i do that i'll find myself having an office job to go.
5. if i feel really tired, i'll walk up the street and visit my friend phairda because her kid is a lot more work than mine and seeing her chaos will make me feel calm.
oh shit. i just noticed the car door is open. how long has it been like that?

No comments: