Thursday, February 15, 2007

should i worry?



well.
i thought every thing was going just fine in our marriage.
i thought we were really happy, actually.
and then - tell me if this has ever happened to you - my husband throws a whopper at me.
i'm going to watch turtles race, he says.
hahaha. hahahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHA. hahaha. that's so funny, i said.
geeze, babe. if you hate 'the office' that much, we can change the channel. hand me the remote.
no, no. turtles, they race. at this place down the street, he says.
turtles.
race.
most men go to strip bars. not my man (not tonight, anyway), i can now proudly say. my man wants to watch reptiles compete.
i mean, are you with me? this smarts a little.
cozy night at home with me and must-see tv.
tortoises in track suits.
so we put the baby to bed, had supper together and off he went to meet friends.
and. um. watch turtles.
interesting.
ssssoooo, i guess i'll just let wolly up in the bed (on tayloe's side, under the covers, drooling on his pillow) and hit the sack.
yawn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We used to walk our turtle on a leash.

Anonymous said...

the turtles have been racing at brennan's pub for over 20 years and the excitement is fast and furious i can tell you...the one named paul newman won the night's events i think. it was a blur. photo finish.

jte

Anonymous said...

Yeah and you actually believed the whole I want to go to the turtle races. That is code for I am going to Chippendales.