Friday, May 02, 2008

mac & cheese


sweet aunt mary talked me into getting a goldfish for t2 a few weeks ago. and as it goes with goldfish, one turned to two.
mary and i each picked one out (who are these fish for, anyway?). she picked the pretty calico one. i picked the orange one with part of its top fin missing.
i need two fish like i need a hole in the head. but my little boy? he loves them. 'ish' he says as he walks by them. he loves to stand up on the kitchen chairs and feed them. he kisses their bowl. he even helps me change their water. you should see his eyes when we net the little boogers out let them flop around in the air for a second. 'flip flop' he says.
a few days ago he started calling the orange one by his name - 'cccheeeese!!!' i must ask him 12 times a day what his fish's name is just to hear him say it. who knew $8 could buy us so much joy.

2 comments:

Reid said...

GREAT fish names. I can't wait to get our coy.

Ginny Gill said...

LOve the pic....we went through a fish phase. I call it a phase because it was something Chad promised them and then I had to care for. By the end, the last one I BELIEVE commited fish suicide as opposed to being left in my care. Hey, at least my kiddos are happy, healthy, fed, and cared for,right????