Wednesday, May 28, 2008

walking pumpkin


there's a good chance if you near me in the next three months you'll hear me lie about my due date. you might also hear me say i'm having siamese twins. just play along.
did you know that pregnant women get hot in the summer? or that august is a really miserable month to be pregnant? or that having a baby in early september means that you have to be pregnant in the summer? maybe you didn't know that june, july and august are really humid months in virginia.
tag along with me in public for a few minutes and you'll get a full-on weather report along with some kind, inspiring words like 'better you than me' and 'i don't envy you.'
isn't it weird that people respond first to misery and second, if at all, to joy?

5 comments:

Ginny Gill said...

I think it is wonderful. I was pregnant two our of four times in the summer. The biggest benefit is who cares what you look like in a swimsuit! It is the only time you can be large and NOT CARE!!!! I would much rather be pregnant than have a newborn in the summer. One, you still look pregnant but you are not and two you have to worry so much about the heat and air quality with the newborn. Yeah for you and hang in there! !!!!!

Ginny Gill said...

By the way, I forgot to mention how icky that Barbie is!! Creepy!!!!

Anonymous said...

i guess you shouldn't be kissing up on me then during the winter months!

kitty said...

i'll remember that next time, love.

Reid said...

where did that barbie come from. disturbing.