Monday, May 05, 2008

ouch my wrists


big tayloe had carpal tunnel surgery today. poor fella. it wasn't supposed to be the kind of surgery where you get totally knocked out, but i think maybe he was a little too wordy with the nurses. the anesthesiologist came out after it was over and said in a really sympathetic voice (sympathetic like he was sorry that he was going to have to send him home with me), 'he seemed, um ... a little uncomfortable, so we went ahead and sedated him.'
good idea, i said. better for everyone.
it only takes him being down for a day for me to realize that our team isn't complete without him.
tater you're hell on a nurse, but you're my guy. love you, mean it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I wanna be sedated...."

Well they did have their needles into me and sticking me right and left. Oh, and there was some crazy filipina woman leaning her veiled face into my grill and saying repeatedly, "pretty soon, here comes happy juice. heeerreee comess da happpy juuuceee.." so finally i just said enough already and ten seconds later was completely knocked out. as you said, better for everyone.

dada

Anonymous said...

How did you carpel tunnel your wrists? I had carpel ankles from overuse after my arms were shot off
and the cops made me mop using my feet. I'm missing heel meat and it effects my ballet dancing. I like peanut butter.

Anonymous said...

yOU GOT HAPPY JUIC?