Sunday, August 17, 2008

what a mom is

my mom and her best friend have been here the past two days cleaning and unpacking our house. i'd like to say helping me clean our house, but that would be a big fat lie because i haven't been doing anything. no one can tell you to sit down and shut up the way your mother can.
they've unpacked our kitchen, assembled cabinet doors, cleaned floors, dusted, washed windows, done laundry and moved and rearranged and moved again our furniture. my mom even talked the guy working on our bathroom into hauling away a bunch of trash that would have taken us years to get rid of.
our house looks absolutely amazing (i'm taking pictures soon, just gotta find that camera ...) and there is no way under heaven that i could have done it. i can barely bend over to look in the fridge.
throw away all the parenting books and take a lesson from my mother - the greatest gift you can give your child is love. and my mom gives it perfectly.
thanks, ma. a million times over, thanks. (you, too, brenda)

1 comment:

Katy Gilliam said...

Cathy LEITCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Alex sent me your blog and I am SO EXCITED to get in touch with you again! I have been looking for you for years! Please email me and fill me in on everything! Your child is gorgeous!
katygilliam@nc.rr.com

I live in Chapel Hill and love it. I was just in C-ville but had no idea how to get in touch with you!
XOXO, Katy McCartney Gilliam