Wednesday, July 19, 2006

tick tock


i'm giving the kid grief for being a slacker, but i remembered today that he isn't officially late. maybe i'm setting my expectations a bit high. afterall, i've hardly ever been on time for anything in my life. so, baby, i'll take it easy on you today and tomorrow and even friday. but from saturday on you're gettin a daily talkin to.
the doctor distracted me today with chatter about how grey is in for men's suits this fall and what a great magazine Esquire is, so i forgot all about slugging him when he told me it is still going to be a little while and he'd see me in his office next week. i guess that means i have 7 more days to practice my sucker punch. too bad for him.
it sounds like i hate my doctor, but really i don't. in fact, if i didn't find him so charming he'd be long dead. who can hate a 60 year old man who (a) knows what colors are in for men in the upcoming season and (b) shamelessly admits it.
this snappy suit above (wrybaby.com) is the funniest thing i've ever seen. for a good laugh, check out the whole collection.
and finally from the files of monty tayloe, who writes in response to the july 16 post, "sleeping beauty": "Next time he's asleep like that, stand over him, throw a bucket of warm water in his face and tell him your water broke. He'll never sleep peaceful again."
dear cousin, that suggestion struck me with such hilarity it's already begun to forumulate as truth and fact in my brain. it's one of the first lies i plan on telling our son.

No comments: