Tuesday, August 08, 2006

mmmmmm BOP

blogger/6311/569/1600/cathanson.jpg">
t2 had his first lunch with a celebrity in beverly hills today. sadly, he slept through the entire thing & contributed very little except some very cute cooos. maybe he was dreaming he was at lunch with a celebrity in beverly hills.
the picture above is no doubt one of the most shameless things i've ever done. if i look just a little bit retarded, it's because i was feeling just a little bit retarded. that's taylor hanson on my left, middle boy in the boy band hanson. here's the truth: i kinda had a thing for taylor hanson a while back. in a previous life i detailed my lust after i interviewed him for a web site i worked for. i had an autographed photo of the band above my desk for years. it says, "catherine: rock on! taylor hanson." i treasure it.
you gotta know, he has these gorgeous eyes and this very cute unassuming mild manner and this kinda cornfed truth about him. i am a sucker for all of these things.
so when tayloe told me he was having lunch with him today, i invited myself. and i brought my camera.
tayloe apparently finds my crushes amusing because he was quick to mention that taylor and i had met before (omg, blush infusion) and that i'd kept the autographed photo for quite some time (wink, wink) that mere weeks after meeting tayloR i met him, tayloE. get it? she loved tayloR and then she met tayloE and married him? yeah, i don't really get it either, but my husband thought it was funny.
and then later as we were leaving, el husbando asked if he could take some pictures of me and taylor and the baby. seriously, it was like being on a date with my dad tagging along.
of course, i'm overjoyed that all of this happened and that i have this photograph even if my hair looks funny and even if he's like, 45 lbs lighter than me.
if nothing else exciting happens in t2's life, he'll always have this picture. maybe someday i'll frame it for him. then, he can hang it over his desk at work.

2 comments:

tracey said...

this cracks me up. Mostly because during this entire entry, you just assume everyone will go along with your premise that taylor a real celebrity.

hee hee :)

(personal ps. i miss you)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm probably one of the few who read that article you wrote about him in Richmond.com. If only you had kept that 20 page email from his crazed 14 yr old fan who wrote you and wanted all the details of meeting him at Wal Mart. Remember how she closed it? "If only I had the words to express how much I FEEL your column!" And you said, "I think your doing pretty good already!" It's all come full circle, xoxo, you look great, cathy lipp