Thursday, September 28, 2006

copy cat


little homey is a mimic. last week i stuck my tongue out at him and he did it back to me. since then, we've played this game pretty much every day, sometimes for more hours than seem natural. it's the funniest thing and makes me laugh over and over and over again.
today we went with tayloe to the latest ONE commercial shoot at raleigh studios in hollywood. i was a little nervous that t2'd be noisy cooing and gurgling like a gremlin, but he was so fascinated by the light and dark shadows and preoccupied trying to look cute for admirers that he stayed hushed most of the day. he got to meet alfre woodard and don cheadle. luckily, i'd prepped him earlier in the day, so he was able to speak smartly with don about what basher tarr has up his sleeve in the next 'ocean's' movie.
so, this is a little weird - everytime someone looks at him and says, "oh, look at his pretty hair," i feel compelled to tell them it's falling out. why do i do that? am i afraid they'll notice? am i trying to beat them to the punch? do i really think someone's going to say, "oh, cute baby but his hair is falling out. how sad."
it's just random jibby jabby chatter and i need to stop doing it.
i will no longer tell complete strangers that my son's hair is falling out.
i will no longer tell complete strangers that my son's hair is falling out.
i will no longer tell complete strangers that my son's hair is falling out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he has to be the cutest baby in the world. I just looked at the pictures and he has the most wonderful expression in the world.

kitty said...

gj is not biased at all

Anonymous said...

I think he is starting to look like his father's Grandpop!
I will not tell complete stranger's that my grandson's hair is falling out....
Ganny