Monday, September 25, 2006

High School Revisited


First of all, this is Cathy Cooper writing, and Cathy Cooper has a little problem with "change." I prefer progress without changes. Catherine has been big on separating the two of us, Cathy Cooper and Cathy Lipp that is. Cathy Cooper can't believe her best friend has a baby- it's all so bizarre ya know? The last time I spent 5 days and nights with this girl, A: she was a teenager or early 20's at least and B: She's got some real knockers now. We decided it must have been either Camp Thunderbird or Keystone Colorado when we saw this much of each other, and man, Cathy Cooper is just a little freaked out. Where is the talk of clothes, boys, parties and fake ID's? I mean, DAMN- Cathy Leitch has a stroller that's worth more than my first car (Bug-a-boo?) In high school Cathy Cooper drove a 1987 2-door Ford Tempo....Thanks Elliott. And the last time I tolerated another man around for the whole time, I'm sure it was an ex-boyfriend who didn't like my Keystone campfire cooking style. True my relationship with T2's definitely better than some of those early love interests. Between Cole Dejarnette, Jason Woodle and Chad what's-his-last-name, I'll take this adoring little man any day. Oh Yeah, Cathy Cooper is feeling a little possessive and shell-shocked. Here, Cathy Lipp the well-adjusted-yoga instructor wants to write something.

Hello World! If you haven't met T2 yet, he's the sweetest, cutest, coolest baby! I'm in the camp of he looks quite a bit like his daddy, gonna be a hunk! So, my time here has been a whirlwind of cool activities. I love Santa Monica. I got a Porsche ride thru Malibu via big Tay, an interview on Fox News about the new hip soda "Cocaine," met a professional singer Shantal (LOVED HER!), tried Anti-War Yoga class, had dinner with someone who worked for HBO that almost knew as many movie lines as I do and a very interesting hike thru Hollywood. And lots of cuddle time with the new guy. Catherine Emery looks beautiful and sooo happy if not a little sleep deprived. Tayloe seems very connected with his new son and wife and immune to the craziness as he's zany enough to keep it all in perspective with a sense of humor and a story for everything. I'm going to sound a little like Cathy Cooper when I say that on some level I can't believe my best friend has a precious little baby. Jamie and I've got this picture in our guest room bathroom of she and I in 7th grade at her parents lake house on Lake Gaston, holding fishing rods and looking very tan (her) and lanky. I think she still looks exactly the same, so I just gotta factor in the newest guy. By the time he graduates from College of Charleston I'm sure I'll have gotten used to the fact that she's married. Namaste!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, I'm glad that the two of you have had this time.